Friday, June 12, 2020

Being Emotional is Okay!

Being sensitive or emotionally weak is never easy!
Whenever something horrible happens, you feel left alone. People always tell you to get over it, to not to be obsessive of your emotions, even not to create fuss over little things at times. But only you know deep inside how it feels, no matter how many times you try to keep that thought away and be happy, eventually it will come back to you haunting. Life feels miserable at some point with nobody to actually understand what is happening deep inside you. I am so sensitive that even phrases like "committed suicide" and "slaughtered like animals" frightens me, like how can someone "commit" suicide ? Suicide is not a crime!
What does "Slaughtered" like animals means? How can someone slaughter animals? Don't they breathe? Or is that their lives doesn't matter?

You see, I have this overflow of emotions at night. Some little thing that is buried deep inside my heart that even I don’t understand and I guess it has to do something with the nights especially! They come and hit me so harder in the nights and literally snatch away my sleep. And all I can do is nothing but “CRY”.

But being an emotional fool has its own advantages and disadvantages. Being emotional is a sign that you empathize for people, you care for others, it is a reminder to yourself that you are a good person, far good for these people to even understand.

Over all these years the most important thing that I  learned for myself is that deliberately avoiding the things and memories that makes me sad will never help me get past it. I prefer to stay in places that frightens me because life will move on but memories wont change, the past wont change, what I have been through wont change, only thing that changes will be the time. But for me, I prefer to stay back at that point where I was shattered, broken down to pieces...
Stay there for as long as that I feel like now it doesn't make any difference even if I choose to stand there or move on! 
I always try to get attached to those memories to the extent where it becomes a part of myself and no longer holds the power to hurt me. Since every time something weird happens, for example someone dies who matter a lot to me, a part of me will always cherish them rather than trying to get rid of their memories. A part of my heart will always try to keep them alive within me. I know this sounds stupid, but this actually worked for me.
Life begins there...at that point when you no longer care what others say!

So stand still, raise your head, fight your emotions!
If you fail... Stand Again, try, try and try until you succeed!

I know it is the hardest of fights that one will ever have,

to fight with yourself...

to fight with your emotions...

But I do this every day, every minute, every second of my life! I choose it for myself!

Now, Being Emotional is Okay!

#Cheerachi


    Pic Credit: Vishakh Kunjumon (@auteur_ayna) 

14 comments:

  1. Dheera, you are so much braver than I am. These are things, feelings, emotions, that I also struggle with. But I choose to avoid and get away from them.
    More power to you. At the end of the day, these feelings and emotions are what reminds us that we are still human!
    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facing your weakness is the best way to defeat them! Thank you for reading anyway! Keep Supporting!

      Delete
  2. I think it is so cool to be friends with our emotions insted of fighting with them, and definitely we will get great time to play with other's emotion😂 That will be more fun
    Anyway great writer-you keep writing❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. playing with someone's emotion is the last thing I would ever want to do in my life! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. God will protect your decisions, because making Decision is a way of praying. ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found my best partner in my self ✨ and when I'm feeling like struggling it always uses to say don't cry, your tears deserves a majestic problem than this. And I haven't cried yet (after age 7th) cuz nothing is a majestic issue to me untill I lost my confident smile. Getting Smile from our selfs for our selfs is always better and better never wait for anyone's hand.

    Sometimes words will work and you proved with ur words Dheera ✨ keep connecting the words 💫💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This the sweetest comment I have ever got! I have always believed in the poer of words, hope it heals! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. Today, due to the nature of education, our thoughts come before our emotions only then we get so emotionally entangled with something that it becomes difficult to fighting...
    Thought change very quickly because our thoughts are very agile but this does not happen with emotions, this is the nature of our mind..
    But both thinking and fighting for your spirit is commendable.. #writing well.. keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for reading and being a valuable critic, will always hope to see you around!

      Delete

Miserable as it is!

Don't you think we are a weird generation of weird people? We say we love people out of love. But it's not like that, We love people...